Question about netbook screens

Bastien Nocera bnocera at redhat.com
Thu Jul 23 22:40:35 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-07-23 at 18:00 -0400, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> Hi Desktop SIG,
>
> When I talked to someone with an EeePC today, he told me he wanted to
> have Fedora 11 but had to install another OS, because Fedora would
> sometimes draw windows whose action areas weren't on the screen, so he
> couldn't make button selections.  I don't have a netbook, so I don't
> know if or how this problem might be solved, and was hoping someone
> could tell me.

Probably an EeePC 7" where running a "normal" desktop is completely
absurd. I don't think that any other distros are making particular
changes to make that easier.

Things like disabling the text in toolbars, or selecting smaller fonts
would certainly help.

But, really, 800x480?! That's even smaller than the 800x600 that people
try not to break.