Fedora Desktop Problem With Intel Cards(old)

Tomasz Kisielewski tomkis at hotmail.co.uk
Tue Jul 28 13:48:13 UTC 2009

Hi
I have old laptop Packard Bell with intel card, last distro which handled this properly was Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron and Fedora 8,
Ubuntu 8.10 and FC 10 were totally unaccteptable, I have no problem with FC 11, except that after I updated to the newest kernel I observe strange behaviour of blende3d, things in panel are displayed on the top of the top of the screen sa well as in usual place ( works OK when desktop effects are enabled!, but I have to doble-click!), some software openGL doesn't start ( panda3d) ,but it might be not connected to Fedora. I observed similiar thing using Ubuntu 9.04 (last release). This distro presented really wierd behaviour, when I extended monitor (xorg.conf configuration virtual screen), blender and panda3d worked fine, but no movie player....just they closed themselve without displaying. only kaffeine worked but only sound no vision(display). On FC 11 even when I use virtual box I have the same problem with display blender3d running on windows XP. I have tried ubuntu IRC, but no help was availble....For now I am more than happy with FC11, still have multiboot laptop with Ubuntu 8.04 partition. If U find solution please e-mail me, I will try to work on it later.
Good luck
Tom