xguest in the live cd

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Tue Mar 17 16:53:48 UTC 2009

Matthias Clasen wrote:
> On Tue, 2009-03-17 at 21:54 +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>> Bill Nottingham wrote:
>>> Presumably, gnome-desktop?
>> Can someone in the desktop team please confirm that, you agree to this?
>
> After some irc discussion, I've now put xguest as optional entry in the
> base-x group, since it is not really gnome specific.

My goal was to get the desktop live cd experience to match the Fedora
DVD experience as closely as possible. Now, you will get xguest by
default only if you install from the live cd. I think such deviations
should be avoided. Speaking from the documentation perspective, these
things are very much a pain.

Rahul