A new notification theme

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 19:05:24 UTC 2009

On Thu, Oct 01, 2009 at 03:26:07PM -0400, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-10-01 at 14:57 -0400, Paul W. Frields wrote:

> > > Not to throw stones, but I'll point out that we had the notification
> > > theme in before the F12 backgrounds...
> >
> > If you don't want to throw stones, the answer is simple: Don't.
> >
> > https://admin.fedoraproject.org/community/?package=constantine-backgrounds#package_maintenance/tools/changelog
> >
> > https://admin.fedoraproject.org/community/?package=notification-daemon-engine-slider#package_maintenance/tools/changelog
> >
> > The changes in the background over the course of the F12 cycle were
> > discussed on the design-team list repeatedly as they were made, and
> > comments invited via blogs and the list.  The latest iteration was
> > *packaged* after freeze, but that was through an exception the Design
> > team requested specifically from Rel-Eng.
>
> There were some candidate backgrounds in F12 alpha, but what I have seen
> floated as the final background is roughly as far away from the
> candidates that were voted on than slider is from Nodoka. Anyway, this
> is going nowhere, so lets drop it.

Alpha, ca. 2009-07-28 to 2009-08-11
  https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/File:Wallpaper-mosaico6.png
  (from https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F12_Artwork#Candidates_for_default_wallpaper)

Refresh, ca. 2009-08-20
  https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/File:Constantine_Perspective_Mosaico.svg
  (from https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F12_Artwork#First_Wallpaper_Refresh)

Beta, ca. 2009-09-28?:
  https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/File:Mosaic_2048x1536.png
  (from https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F12_Artwork/Beta#Wallpaper)

I'm pointing out the sequence and timing of the development so that
there's no confusion about how this work evolved.