polkit-gnome-authorization missing

Matthias Clasen mclasen at redhat.com
Sun Oct 18 18:07:56 UTC 2009

On Sun, 2009-10-18 at 12:31 +0200, Christoph Wickert wrote:

> Understood, but this is not really following the fhs. .pkla files are
> config files, so shouldn't they be in /etc?

'config file' is really a bit simplistic, and doesn't really describe
the situation adequately. Whether something is a config file or not
depends a lot on your role. As I mentioned earlier, we have a package
that installs files in /var/lib/polkit-1/localauthority/10-vendor.d,
those are certainly not config files in the sense that you as a local
administrator are supposed to edit them. And 20-org.d, 30-site.d don't
really fit into the 'host-specific configuration data' bucket either.