Remembering authorisations

Naheem Zaffar naheemzaffar at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 00:09:16 UTC 2009

On 10/17/2009 09:41 AM, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> We don't plan to bring a ui like that back. If you need to tweak policy,
> the local authority uses a simple file-based configuration, see
> pklocalauthority(8). Medium-term, we want to have a simple group-based
> configuration that will be accessible via some ui, see the
> polkit-desktop-policy package for the groundwork.

Is there going to be a way to remember authorisations through teh GUI even
if there is not a way to manipulate them? Having to re enter the admin
password each time I update the system seems to be a hassle... and I am sure
there are other times when I want the authorisation to eb saved for the
user, but no check box is visible to allow that on the GUI for the password
that does pop up.