Some recent changes

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue Oct 20 17:35:57 UTC 2009

> On Tue, 2009-10-20 at 13:23 -0400, Seth Vidal wrote:
>
> > We could try a 9-month release schedule like we did with FC5. I seem to
> > recall that ended in tears, though.

> Just stretching things out is not going to help obviously, because
> people would do more feature development. As I said, to make a
> difference, you have to specifically stretch the non-feature-development
> phases to make a difference. Or calm things down far enough in rawhide
> that the feature-development phase is not a total loss in terms of
> having a usable and testable system. I hope that the various rawhide
> changes that are underway are going to get some results in that
> direction next cycle.

I guess I'm not yet convinced that these changes couldn't have been
introduced earlier. is there a specific reason why you could not have
made these exact changes a month ago?

For me at least, the 'feature-development phase' is not a total loss.
I've been running Rawhide exclusively on this system (my main work
system, I use it for almost everything) since March, all the way through
the F12 cycle. I was able to do so without much trouble. If these
changes had been introduced earlier, I at least would have noticed and
probably flagged them up for release notes, and I know there are others
who run Rawhide as I do.

--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey