polkit-gnome-authorization missing

Naheem Zaffar naheemzaffar at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 18:40:22 UTC 2009

2009/10/20 Jeroen van Meeuwen <kanarip at kanarip.com>

> I wouldn't want them to remove my configuration management packages for
> example, but sudo yum privileges often extend too much beyond the boundaries
> of what is acceptable delegation. That is, in most of the situations where I
> manage desktop systems.

I think even this can be lived with as long as it does not turn into a
Vista-esque UAC fest. There needs to be a way to remember trust given
withpout having to resort to manually adding/editing config files - they may
be useful/the best solution in an enterprise/other controlled environment,
but that is not the case on a home desktop system.

A simple tick box "remember this action" like there was before would IMO fix
many of these annoyances without giving the full GUI for each authorisation
that existed before.