Some recent changes

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue Oct 20 18:45:13 UTC 2009

> Adam Williamson (awilliam at redhat.com) said:
> > Ah - so it's a 'did not', not a 'could not'.
> >
> > I hope this doesn't come out the wrong way, and Jesse will correct me if
> > I'm wrong, but I really think the development schedule is not intended
> > to work this way. The post-beta phase is for fixing critical bugs - as
> > the Beta release announcement put it, "Only critical bug fixes will be
> > pushed as updates leading up to the general release of Fedora 12,
> > scheduled to be released in mid-November" - not for 'polish' as defined
> > in this thread.
>
> Given that non-critical-path packages are mentioned as not receiving
> verification before tagging, I think that's a bit disingenous. (Yes,
> we have conflicting docs.)

I see what you mean. However, I'd probably include changes to the
default behaviour of our standard desktop when thinking about changes
that should be considered 'critical path', even if GNOME isn't really in
the critical path as currently defined. Not sure of a good way to codify
this, though. We should probably be wary of 'critical path creep' :)

--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey