Alacarte is not installed by default

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Fri Oct 23 16:14:47 UTC 2009

> Rahul Sundaram (sundaram at fedoraproject.org) said:
> > http://cvs.fedoraproject.org/viewvc/comps/comps-f12.xml.in?view=markup
> >
> > It's listed as a optional package in comps. Shouldn't it be default?
>
> This was changed at feature freeze, before the alpha, looks to be
> part of a few general desktop package set tweaks.

Rahul probably saw the same forum post I did, from a guy who was a bit
confused that it was 'missing'. That was the only post I saw, though, so
it's hard to say how many people will be in the same position.

(worth noting that if you just run PackageKit and search for 'menu' it
doesn't show up, you have to use the not-terribly-discoverable UI for
switching to 'search by description' before it'll show up in a search).

--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey