Gwibber by default?

Seth Vidal skvidal at fedoraproject.org
Tue Apr 6 19:44:20 UTC 2010

On Tue, 6 Apr 2010, Jeffrey Ollie wrote:

> Yeah, I think setting up a Fedora One is a *little* more than having
> things "Just Work" but I don't think it's very complicated either.
> Personally, I'm not sure I'd want to go in the direction of setting up
> a Fedora One cloud service that stores all of my data.  I'd rather
> have a service that let my systems replicate to each other no matter
> where in the world they were or what firewalls they were behind.
> Basically a limited form of proxy that would help systems connect up
> to each other.

Then you're best off doing it all via xmpp/jabber. Subscribe each of your
systems to the jabber system and have them connect out. If they see
another of their same kind they sync-up over jabber.

That way all the connections are outbound connections (over http(s)(xmpp
inside it) and firewalls rarely get involved.

-sv