spin kickstart/minimization cleanups

Seth Vidal skvidal at fedoraproject.org
Wed Apr 21 16:06:15 UTC 2010

On Wed, 21 Apr 2010, Bill Nottingham wrote:

> Peter Robinson (pbrobinson at gmail.com) said:
>>> Not sure you can make it seamless without just copy&pasting the
>>> entire group (which is a bad idea). <grouplist> within <group>
>>> is ignored in comps.
>>
>> Ah, I just copied the xfce-software-development as it was small and
>> had what I wanted. What's the proper way to do this then? Looking
>> further down the file the Desktops category looks like it would be
>> what I want.
>
> Categories aren't a yum-able object; they're used by anaconda only.

Like I said before - categories can be used by any yum api-caller.

but they aren't available to anything using yum from the cli.

import yum
my = yum.YumBase()
my.setCacheDir()
c = my.comps.categories[0]
print c
Desktop Environments
print c.groups
['gnome-desktop', 'sugar-desktop', 'window-managers', 'kde-desktop',
'lxde-desktop', 'moblin-desktop', 'xfce-desktop']

-sv