Help with talking points

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at gmail.com
Thu Aug 5 16:44:08 UTC 2010

On Thu, 2010-08-05 at 16:58 +0100, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> On Thu, 2010-08-05 at 17:25 +0200, Gianluca Sforna wrote:
> > Additionally, IIRC webM was released just after F13 come out; will
> > Firefox in F14 be able to play youtube without flash?
>
> Totem will have YouTube webM support, though we need to do a bit of work
> there still.

Note that webkitgtk based browsers also support WebM (since
webkitgtk-1.2.0), although none of them is installed in Desktop spin
(maybe midori is in xfce spin, but not sure about that).

Also to answer the original question about new firefox -- there were a
longish flamy thread in -devel asking about this and it seems F14 won't
have firefox with WebM support.

> I think it's best to wait until GNOME 2.31.6 settles down before working
> on the features list.

I saw some nice features at live.gnome.org at various project pages
targeting 2.32 (like evolution express mode improvements, IMAP multiple
connections, pdf multimedia in evince, ...) but I'm not sure which of
those will actually be implemented... As you say, it's probably best to
wait till 2.31.6 settles down...

Regards,
Martin