Help with talking points

Gianluca Sforna giallu at gmail.com
Tue Aug 17 19:53:13 UTC 2010

On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 6:27 PM, Paul W. Frields <stickster at gmail.com> wrote:
> First to rush in with a not-upstream set of extensions?  Perhaps.
> >From reading the article, looks to me like Peter Hutterer &co. are
> working on an upstream implementation that's more sustainable.

I completely see your point and that's one reason why I'm sticking around here.
The only problem is that we have an hard time (or at least, that's my
experience trying to spread the word about Fedora) telling people we
actually do many of the pieces everyone then find in their favourite
distro. And that's true even when we ship stuff 6 months or more
before anyone else. Now that they have this feature in 10.10 I'm
afraid any better implementation will be seen as a refinement of
their breakthrough work.

Of course I'll do my part to spread the love... you know, tribe loses,
love wins.

Cheers

G.

--