Speed up user login into desktop.

Bill Nottingham notting at redhat.com
Mon Aug 23 17:33:20 UTC 2010

Behdad Esfahbod (behdad at behdad.org) said:
> On 08/23/10 12:20, Lennart Poettering wrote:
> > Urks, LVM snapshots!
> >
> > That said, I am pretty sure you have the consensus of the desktop group
> > now, as nobody defended LVM.
>
> I agree that on laptops LVM is not all that useful.  But on desktops it is as
> it allows easy resizing and reallocation.
>
> What I personally want to see our default auto-partitioning do is to create a
> separate '/' from /home, such that reinstallations don't wipe out /home.

    def setDefaultPartitioning(self, storage, platform):
        autorequests = [PartSpec(mountpoint="/", fstype=storage.defaultFSType,
                                 size=1024, maxSize=50*1024, grow=True,
                                 asVol=True),
                        PartSpec(mountpoint="/home",fstype=storage.defaultFSType,
                                 size=100, grow=True, asVol=True, requiredSpace=50*1024)]

This was changed in F-13.

Bill