gnome-desktop comps group

pbrobinson at gmail.com pbrobinson at gmail.com
Tue Aug 24 19:47:40 UTC 2010

On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 8:14 PM, Matthias Clasen <mclasen at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 2010-08-24 at 19:41 +0100, pbrobinson at gmail.com wrote:
>

>> So the comps group will be split as well? I think this should remain
>> split even in F-15 as there's a lot of scenarios where you might want
>> one or the other.
>
> I don't think we want to have gnome2 and gnome3 as separate comps
> groups, going forward. For F14, I am going to drop the gnome3 additions
> from comps, as far as possible. For F15, we will have a better gnome3
> story, hopefully.

So how will that work for non intel/nvidia/ati GPUs as well as
VMs/VDI/dumb terminals/vnc and other associated technologies? Hell
even my relatively decent Dell laptop with a nvidia card doesn't run
gnome shell with any reasonable speed (if you count clicking on
something and it responding 17 seconds (yes I timed it) later
workable).

Peter