volunteer needed

Matthias Clasen mclasen at redhat.com
Wed Jun 2 12:52:08 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-06-02 at 18:16 +0530, Ankur Sinha wrote:

> I can go ahead and package it if you need it that badly. Should I?

It would certainly help me.

> I thought it would be best to wait for upstream to clean it up though.

If you think the current state of affairs is unacceptable, you could
submit a patch to make things better. Waiting for somebody else is
rarely a winning position in FOSS...

> Hacking around the problem might not pass a review?

Shotwell had a similar setup when it was first packaged. I don't think
'upstream doesn't do everything perfectly to our liking' is a valid
reason to reject a package. Of course, you might end up with a more
picky reviewer than me...