Transmission Replacement

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at gmail.com
Mon Mar 1 09:27:37 UTC 2010

Hi Marian,

On Mon, 2010-03-01 at 10:54 +0200, Marian Holovatskyy wrote:
> Hi all!
> I've recently used the torrents intensively, so had a close look at
> torrent clients on Fedora. So there is a proposition to replace the
> Transmission with the Deluge torrent client. As for me, Transmission
> has a really nice interface and works fine, but I've found that it's
> gui can be really freezing (the download is going fine, but the gui
> shows just a white blank window), there is something like Verification
> of Local Data, as for me it is very-very slow and can be done on one
> torrent at a time, so if there are a few torrents in a list, thye all
> are waiting till the Local Data of one of them is verified and only
> after that the download starts. So far, I've not found these troubles
> in Deluge.

Over the past years I've been switching between different torrent
clients (azureus, deluge, bittorrent, linkage, transmisson) and
transmission seems to work best. Deluge is a bit fat, I'd say. For
default desktop, transmission can IMHO offer the best user experience
while still keeping relatively minimalistic, responsive and easy to use
UI.

Deluge also sometimes verifies local data and it's very slow as well, I
don't recall whether it blocks other torrents though...

Martin