Simple Scan

Bastien Nocera bnocera at redhat.com
Thu Mar 11 10:54:55 UTC 2010

> On Tue, 2010-03-09 at 17:55 +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>

> > Thanks Matthias Clasen for the review.  If folks here are interested in
> > testing it, it has now been built for Rawhide and Fedora 13
> > (updates-testing repo).   Let me know what's the next step in having it
> > by default in Fedora 13.
>
> So, I took some time today to actually play with simple-scan some today,
> with some of the scanners we have here in the office. While this tool
> shows some promise, it still has some way to go before it can claim to
> be _the_ simple scanning UI. I think it is good enough to include it in
> the desktop spin anyway, since we don't have any scanning solution right
> now...
<snip>

I would also advise to get a copy of "The inmates are running the
asylum" and reading the chapter about the scanning tool Alan Cooper
wrote.

simple-scan should save all the scan to the disk, in full, so that
different portions can be exported to different apps, similar to the way
Cheese keeps all the pictures that were taken.

Cheers