Shotwell 0.5

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Mon Mar 15 20:23:23 UTC 2010

On 03/14/2010 07:40 PM, Matthias Clasen wrote:
>> Yes, I am aware of that but  the question was related to the regular
>> installation DVD/ CD set where if you pick the defaults, you will end up
>> with both Shotwell and F-Spot, right?  There seems to be significant
>> amount of overlap between those and I am wondering if that makes sense
>> or whether we should pick Shotwell alone.
>>
> We don't really control or design the 'regular installation' in any
> form.

To expand on what I said earlier,  all you need do is to edit the comps
file based on the defaults you want for certain groups and if those are
not the groups, you control and in this case I think you do, the
procedure is outlined in

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_use_and_edit_comps.xml_for_package_groups

In short, if users are going to end up two programs that have a broad
overlap in functionality, we need to fix that.

Rahul