Shotwell 0.5

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Thu Mar 18 13:05:55 UTC 2010

On 03/18/2010 06:30 PM, Owen Taylor wrote:

>  * There would have to be community-wide buy-in to that idea to
>    begin with. That people aren't going to flame when xsane, and
>    minicom, and system-config-boot (and so forth and so on) are removed
>    from comps and nss-mdns is added.
>
>  * There would have to be community-wide buy-in to the idea that
>    the settings that are packaged are the settings that make sense
>    for the desktop, and an server install done through the Anaconda GUI
>    might have a few settings that need modification.
>
>    How are people (include the openssh package maintainer) going to
>    react if sshd packaging is changed to disable the service by default?

You will never know unless someone explains what is being needed and
propose such changes. I am not sure you can convince everyone to go with
the live dvd image instead at this point and I think we need to be able
to tweak the comps with small changes when it has good benefits without
thinking about tackling all the issues at the same time.  There are good
points being raised but ignoring the regular dvd installation experience
doesn't seem like the right answer yet.

So bring it to down to a single item that I want to see happen, any
objections to me making f-spot a optional package in the graphics group
for Fedora 13?

Rahul