Shotwell 0.5

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Thu Mar 18 17:56:24 UTC 2010

On Thu, 2010-03-18 at 17:40 +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
> On 03/18/2010 04:40 PM, Jesse Keating wrote:
> > A re-focus of the DVD offering has been long overdue and I'll be right
> > there to help with the effort if we do this for F14.
> >

> Has rel-eng defined it's target audience with the DVD Spin?

No, that's not really our right.  We compose and deliver the product, as
defined by more appropriate folks, like the Board or FESCo.

> Is it going to be made up of the desktops spins essentially containing
> the live bits of Gnome KDE XFCE LXDE and thus be a image that includes
> preview of each desktop the project offers?
>
> Is it going to target more corporate/mass deployment desktop workstation
> installs ( One Desktop including office and bits more commonly used in
> corporate environments?
>
> Is it going to target SysAdmins and consisting a bunch of tools and service?
>
> Is it going to target Developers and thus consist of one Desktop and
> bunch of devel bits?
>
> For instance what is the criteria to get stuff on the DVD spin as in
> what do DE and other SIG need to do to get bits include on the image?

In the past, the answer to all of these was "yes".  The DVD tried to be
everything to everybody, because it came from the Red Hat Linux days
where everything could fit on the DVD.  When we merged core/extras we
didn't change the DVD much, and still haven't.  So for now, I don't have
an answer for the above, other than the Fedora Board has defined a
target audience, and our (default) offerings should cater to that target
audience as best it can.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!