spin kickstart/minimization cleanups

Colin Walters walters at verbum.org
Tue Mar 23 17:23:25 UTC 2010

As you may or may not know I've been unhappy with how the Live image
path has diverged from the automated install path (standalone anaconda
+ @gnome-desktop) for the desktop.

Attached is a series of patches to both comps and spin-kickstarts
which has a a high level goal of moving the two closer.

Basically there are 3 fundamentally separate concepts which got intertwined:

* Bits necessary for running a Live OS (turning off cron, etc)
* Removing things we do want to fit into a CD
* Removing "traditional Unix workstation" or other stuff that @base
grew we don't want in @desktop regardless of space

The comps patches come first, then the spin-kickstart patches.

This isn't complete but I think it's a noticeable improvement.  We
still have more comps gardening to do.  Note the spin-kickstart
patches obsolete the second of the patch I sent earlier.