F-13-Beta Live images are > 700Mib

David Zeuthen davidz at redhat.com
Wed Mar 24 17:59:25 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-03-24 at 13:21 -0400, Adam Jackson wrote:
> On Wed, 2010-03-24 at 09:50 -0400, James Laska wrote:
>
> > So the new size limit for desktop live images will be 1G or 1Gib?
>
> 1GiB.  2^30, not 10^9.

Why? It seems backwards to use 1GiB instead of 1GB - most 1GB USB sticks
only hold 1GB, not 1GiB. And the whole point of this excursion was to
fit on 1GB USB sticks. Well, one of the points anyway.

Anyway, it still seems to me that these two statements are still true

 a) 2GB sticks are not really more expensive than 1GB sticks
    (see list archives for other people seconding this impression)

 b) we're already low on space for 1GB/1GiB and we don't even
    have anything like hires Theora videos yet. And we want to
    leave some space for a persistent overlay.

Also, I think I've asked this twice on this list already... without
anyone caring to respond. Matthias, Colin, please respond...

     David