Simple Scan

Nils Philippsen nils at redhat.com
Thu Mar 25 08:41:11 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-03-24 at 21:11 +0000, Richard Hughes wrote:
> On 24 March 2010 17:04, Nils Philippsen <nils at redhat.com> wrote:
> > No shit Sherlock. Did you for one second think about that simple-scan is
> > far from being an xsane replacement? I doubt that simple-scan would let
> > you scan&fax and I'd be most surprised if it were integrated into image
> > manipulation apps like gimp.
>
> No, it's not a full featured scanning application. It's _simple_ scan,
> and works a lot better than xsane for me, and I'm certainly not Aunt
> Tilly.

I fully agree to that (surprised?). If Colin hadn't removed xsane* from
comps altogether I wouldn't have complained (and that's been amended),
as I'm totally d'accord with casual users getting a simple to use
scanning application. I would even say that people who need the
versatility that xsane offers now deserve a better UI than what it
currently has. Unfortunately nobody has gotten around to pimping xsane
accordingly or writing a replacement yet, at least in FOSS circles.

Nils
--
Nils Philippsen      "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase
Red Hat               a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty