Developer Experience

William Jon McCann william.jon.mccann at gmail.com
Tue May 4 18:01:52 UTC 2010

Hey,

So one thing we talked about on IRC last week was the idea of driving
the design of the OS from two different and complementary angles: user
experience and developer experience.

We have a pretty strong and unfolding story for the evolution of the
user experience but I don't yet see discussion and planning for the
improvement of the developer experience.  I imagine this could involve
things like OS platform and subsystem design, toolkit API and SDK
design, development tools, deployment and management, feedback, etc.

Anyone want to take part in some discussions and/or brainstorm
sessions on this?  We might be able to arrange a call in number if we
want to try it live.  Though, first, maybe we should try to research
and document things we like and dislike about existing systems.

Does this sound interesting to anyone?

Thanks,
Jon