Developer Experience

William Jon McCann william.jon.mccann at gmail.com
Tue May 4 21:09:03 UTC 2010

Hey,

On Tue, May 4, 2010 at 5:04 PM, Jesse Keating <jkeating at redhat.com> wrote:
> Is this development of other software, or development of Fedora?  There
> are numerous packages and setups that make sense if you're a Fedora
> developer, less so if you're an upstream developer.  Or does it not
> matter and we're talking about both?

How do you differentiate a Fedora developer and an upstream developer?
 I'm not sure being a Fedora developer is particularly interesting.

I guess I don't think most people are interested in writing an OS.
But seems lots of people are interested in writing apps and dellvering
them to users.  So I was referring to that: app development.  And here
I'm not excluding web apps either.  There is a strong case being made
for html5 as a development platform.

Thanks,
Jon