Firewall

Will Woods wwoods at redhat.com
Wed May 5 20:46:50 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-05-05 at 10:05 +0100, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> On Wed, 2010-05-05 at 10:24 +0200, Yaakov Nemoy wrote:
> > 2010/5/5 Bastien Nocera <bnocera at redhat.com>:
> > > I'm already discussing this behind closed doors with a few people,
> > > including some RH security people. I'll restart the "negotiations" this
> > > week.
> >
> > Why is this discussion happening in private?

There's nothing wrong with consulting with experts in private, coming up
with solid plans on your own, and then presenting those plans - or even
better, an implementation of those plans - to the community for review.

I think we'd all be better served if more ideas were developed this way:
research, then prototype, *then* discuss.

Starting with the discussion seems to get us nowhere, and you know what
they say about Design by Committee..

-w