GNOME appearance settings not honored after today's update

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Sat Nov 20 00:00:31 UTC 2010

I just updated Rawhide with 2010-11-19 packages, and after the reboot,
all my GNOME appearance preferences are no longer honored.

I had all fonts changed to Droid, icon theme changed to Tango, and set
to display text only on buttons (not icons), and no icons in menus.
After the reboot, none of these are being honored. I note they're not
listed in gconf-editor any more; if I look in dconf-editor, matching
settings are present and appear to be set to what I want (Tango theme,
Droid fonts etc) but these settings do not seem to be taking effect.

Is this a bug? Known? Note that I'm using metacity rather than
gnome-shell as I can't run gnome-shell in Rawhide ATM.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey