f14 and orca

Jonathan Nadeau nadeau.jon at gmail.com
Fri Oct 1 01:19:02 UTC 2010

Hello list,

I just tried out f14 and orca really doesn't work. When you first
start orca it does not go through the set up like it normally does.
Instead it starts right away like it has already been set up and
doesn't let you go through the orca configuration. Orca does start to
talk but you can't move around on the desktop or anywhere like the
gnome menu or any of the panels. When you press a button on the
keyboard orca just says the key you are pressing. It's as if orca
doesn't have focus of the desktop and can't move anywhere. I figured I
would try to erase the config folder in the home folder by going to
the home folder and pressing control h to show the hidden folders and
there was no .orca folder to erase I'm not sure what this means but
this is what I have found. Thanks for your time and help

--Jonathan Nadeau