laughlin-backgrounds-gnome size increase

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Sat Oct 16 16:27:22 UTC 2010

On Sat, Oct 16, 2010 at 17:58:22 +0200,
  Martin Sourada <martin.sourada at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 2010-10-16 at 10:42 -0500, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> > On Sat, Oct 16, 2010 at 10:04:59 -0500,
> >   Bruno Wolff III <bruno at wolff.to> wrote:
> > >
> > > But it does look like we need a package change to deal with this.
> > > One option would be to have laughlin-backgrounds-single provide
> > > system-backgrounds-gnome instead of laughlin-backgrounds-gnome and then
> > > specifically include laughlin-backgrounds-gnome in the ks files for
> > > the spins that want the full list of backgrounds.
> >
> > I think we might also want to add laughlin-backgrounds-gnome to the
> > desktop-gnome comps group as a default package, so that people get
> > the full set of backgrounds by default when installing.
> I believe they get it as it's required by gnome-desktop(3). Try
> yum-removing it ;-)

Part of my proposal was changing that. If we do that, then I think we
need it in comps.

The xml file is an issue though. Is there a way to do conditional code in
that file? Otherwise it looks like having a different default depending
on whether or not laughlin-backgrounds-gnome installed is going to be
difficult.