laughlin-backgrounds-gnome size increase

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Sat Oct 16 17:43:08 UTC 2010

On Sat, Oct 16, 2010 at 12:32:54 -0500,
  Charles Kerr <charles at transmissionbt.com> wrote:
> I don't have much experience with pngout, but it claims to be able to
> shave an extra 14% off these images' sizes.  I tried it out on the
> four images in standard/ and got this result:

While better lossless compression would be a good thing to be doing for
all of the artwork, I don't think that is going to help enough here.
Given the short amount of time, I don't think this approach (assuming it
was expanded to include a larger set of artwork) is going to be practical
as an immediate solution.