laughlin-backgrounds-gnome size increase

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Sun Oct 17 12:16:57 UTC 2010

On Sun, Oct 17, 2010 at 10:22:55 +0200,
  Martin Sourada <martin.sourada at gmail.com> wrote:

> Would be nice though, if you could then change the desktop spin
> kickstart to use the animated version of the wallpaper by default as
> we'd like to see it used on it.

I changed the live desktop to include the animated backgrounds. I also
changed broffice to remove them. Once the animated backgrounds hits updates
they should be on live desktop based spins other than broffice.

I haven't made it the default yet on the desktop spin. I am looking for
the right way to do that and want it in a separate commit.

I didn't add it to the install image. Without a comps change, it won't
show up on the install image. I think it should be added to the gnome-desktop
group as a default package to get it installed by default with gnome.
That may affect what ends up on the live spins, but I think won't cause
a problem the way I changed things. If this change does get made it should
be done as soon after the animated packages are in stable as possible as
we may need a change to fix things. Desktop controls that comps group,
so I'll leave the decision there for someone in Desktop to decide.
(Note that changing it early could potentially break composes.)

The spin-kickstarts package will be out of date again. I'll look at getting
a new version of that into testing tomorrow.