Showing CC-BY attribution in background chooser

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at gmail.com
Thu Sep 16 09:50:25 UTC 2010

Hi,

we, at the design team, are searching for a way to add attribution to
wallpapers. We'd like to display it in the tooltip that appears in when
you hoover over an wallpaper in backgrounds chooser in a similar format
that KDE does it, e.g.

Author: <author name>
<basic image info>
Folder: <path to where the image is>

As you see, it only adds the 'Author:' line to what already is there. Is
there some way to do it currently, or would we need to write a patch to
background chooser?

Plus, is there any place where I can get the DTD file that's used as
DOCTYPE in all XMLs in /usr/share/gnome-background-properties:
<!DOCTYPE wallpapers SYSTEM "gnome-wp-list.dtd">

I cannot find it anywhere (hence the reason why I ask if there already
IS a way)...

Thanks,
Martin