Showing CC-BY attribution in background chooser

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at gmail.com
Thu Sep 16 20:01:06 UTC 2010

On Thu, 2010-09-16 at 12:55 +0300, Nicu Buculei wrote:
> I think we may need also an URL for proper credit (for example when we
> are using a Free image taken from flickr) - or can we abuse the <basic
> image info> for that?

<basic image info> is AFAIK autogenerated and contains things like if
it's JPEG or PNG or slideshow, what's its resolution etc. It would
really be quite abusive to put it in there. Actually, isn't putting the
URL in there as well a bit of an overkill? I'm not that much acquaninted
with CC-BY(-SA) licenses, but in software we also don't have these
things lying everywhere... The detailed attributions are present in the
usual place (/usr/share/docs/<package n-v-r>/Attribution) and installed
by the very same package that installs the images.

Martin