Fedora 14 Beta RC2 (inc. live) available for desktop testing

Michael Whapples mwhapples at aim.com
Tue Sep 21 14:51:09 UTC 2010

I haven't managed to test out the specific package as to prepare a
system while orca is broken is a bit hard, but I can confirm just
installing python-xlib (I did the command: yum --assumeyes python-xlib)
does allow orca to run.

However I think there is still a problem somewhere in the accessibility
chain as orca isn't reporting any information on what has focus, etc. As
I said the GTK warning you mentioned does concern me, if atk-bridge
cannot be found then GTK is not going to be providing information to
at-spi (that's my understanding). Someone on the orca list has suggested
setting a gconf key (/desktop/gnome/interface/at-spi-dbus to true so
that GTK knows to use that version of atk-bridge.

As a side question, is it possible for me to SSH or something like that,
into the live environment so I possibly can get some of this information
on my own and not have to enter commands just hoping I have typed it
correct?

Michael Whapples