F14 Beta RC3 images available for validation testing!

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Wed Sep 22 14:58:36 UTC 2010

On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 15:11:02 +0100,
  Adam Williamson <awilliam at redhat.com> wrote:

> I think we work on the basis that this is not at all the typical use
> case for a live image, and that if you were doing that, you'd probably
> know you should set a root password. Why would you do that, btw?

I agree it's not typical and we don't want it on the published live images.

With a persistent /home I care a bit more about the image getting hosed
than otherwise. I think this will mitigate the affects of some compromises.
(Though the hope is that those don't happen at all.)

There might also be a case where I'd want someone to be able to use the
booted system breifly by switching users rather than taking the time for
a reboot. But I haven't had that show up yet.