GDM and Locked screen password dialog theme.

Matthias Clasen mclasen at redhat.com
Fri Apr 1 18:50:48 UTC 2011

On Fri, 2011-04-01 at 10:37 +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:

> > Part of the 3.2 plan according to
> >
> > https://mail.gnome.org/archives/desktop-devel-list/2011-March/msg00109.html
> >
> > "- Login screen: gdm got some facelift, but it is still pretty much a
> > gnome2 login screen. We have a design for a shell-style greeter.
> > https://live.gnome.org/GnomeShell/Design/Whiteboards/LoginScreen
>
> Does it not feel a bit hack-ish releasing without those two in place?

Well, yes. It does. I'll take the fact that these two really stand out
as a positive sign that we've managed to get the desktop itself into
fairly good and polished shape...

Unfortunately, there is always more to be done than there's time to do
it. We'll have a more complete story for 3.2. Between now and 3.0,
there's only room for a handful of crash and serious blocker fixes..