F15 Beta TC1 desktop live images now available for validation

Chuck Anderson cra at WPI.EDU
Fri Apr 1 21:36:32 UTC 2011

On Fri, Apr 01, 2011 at 11:36:12AM -0700, Adam Williamson wrote:
> Hi, everyone! We had a bit of a delay composing the Beta TC1 live
> images, but they're now up at:

I would put these results in the Test Results wiki, but there doesn't
seem to be a test case listed for "bootup".

On first boot, it hung with a black screen after going through the
plymouth screen for a bit.

On second boot, I tried Basic Video and I got a "Oh no! Something went
wrong!" screen.  After clicking Logout, I got the same screen again,
then the GDM login window.  Logging in as Live User it loaded GNOME 3
fallback mode.

On third boot, I tried the normal boot again, and I got the same
"something went wrong" screen.  I clicked Logout, and I got the same
screen again, then the GDM login window.  Logging in as Live User it
loaded GNOME 3 Shell... and the shell appears to work correctly.

This is on a Toshiba netbook with an Atom processor.