No more panel applets?

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at googlemail.com
Mon Apr 25 14:32:27 UTC 2011

Am Montag, den 25.04.2011, 16:35 +0300 schrieb Elad:
> On Mon, Apr 25, 2011 at 4:33 PM, Christoph Wickert
> <christoph.wickert at googlemail.com> wrote:
> > I wonder how to add panel applets to the panel in fallback mode of F15
> > Beta. There is no menu on right click.
> >
> > If panel applets are no longer supported we need
> >      * an announcement to all packagers
> >      * to retire all applets and block them from F15 and rawhide
> >      * gnome-panel properly obsolete the retired packages
> >      * to have this documented in the release notes
> >
> > Did I forget something?
> >
> Read here: http://www.vuntz.net/journal/post/2011/04/13/gnome-panel-is-dead,-long-live-gnome-panel!

So? I did read that article but I still have no idea how to add applets
to the gnome-panel. I tried ALT + right click but there was no menu.

What I have learned though is that bonobo based applets are no longer
supported, only dbus based ones are. This means we need to retire, block
and properly obsolete many packages but so far this hasn't happened.

Regards,
Christoph