GNOME 3 Test Day #1: announcement up

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Wed Feb 2 22:20:16 UTC 2011

> As for the rest of GNOME 2.91.6, the new gnome-panel will probably not
> land today, since we need a libwnck3 package first, and the new gdm
> needs a lot of patch juggling etc, so may also not make it in today.

gdm we're okay with if the old one will at least launch stuff (it seems
to now, so that oughtn't to be a problem). gnome-panel is an issue
though because of the dependency of shell on panel, to allow fallback.

best option, obviously, is to fix it somehow - get the new panel in or
at least somehow rebuild the old panel so it's there.

second best...drop the dependency temporarily so we can at least
spin/install the new shell stuff, even if then we can't test the
fallback?
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey