Font changes / Cantarell

Jared K. Smith jsmith at fedoraproject.org
Tue Feb 15 15:54:08 UTC 2011

I know that Gnome is using Cantarell as its default font, and it seems
that something has changed in Fedora to make Cantarell the default
font for all desktops.  I heard from the KDE SIG this morning that
there is some confusion as to whether that was intended to be a global
change, or a change only for the Gnome desktop.

I don't pretend to have a clue when it comes to fonts or the
fontconfig stuff -- but I'd like to kick off this discussion so that
there is less confusion and that nobody tries to ascribe to malice
that which can be explained by miscommunication.   Is there someone
that understands the change that can fill me in on the missing
details?
--
Jared Smith
Fedora Project Leader