Per user vs. system settings in GNOME 3 (was Re: How do we change fonts now)

Jóhann B. Guðmundsson johannbg at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 23:08:54 UTC 2011

On Thu, 2011-02-17 at 22:59 +0100, Christoph Wickert wrote:
> In F15 under System we have:
>       * User Accounts (system-wide)
>       * Universal Access (per user)
>       * System Info (not even a setting)
>       * Software Updates (per user)
>       * Date and Time (system-wide)
>       * Color (per user unless you click "make default")
>
> I think this list is inconsistent.

Agreed.

I think this can be solved by hiding all system-wide settings from user
accounts that don't have the account type "Administrator"

One thing that are tied to those settings that it's hard to different
when your are being asked to provide the root password or the logged in
user password or the "Administrator" password.

JBG