How to change themes (was Re: How do we change fonts now)

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at gmail.com
Sat Feb 19 14:57:22 UTC 2011

On Sat, 19 Feb 2011 12:47:17 +0100
Christoph Wickert wrote:

> Am Samstag, den 19.02.2011, 12:20 +0100 schrieb Christoph Wickert:
> > What would be the best starting point
> > to bring Adwaita to GTK+ 2 or Clearlooks to GTk+ 3?
>
> Digging a little deeper I found that Clearlooks already has an engine:
>
> $ find /usr/lib/gtk-* -name libclearlooks.so
> /usr/lib/gtk-2/2.10.0/engines/libclearlooks.so
> /usr/lib/gtk-3/3.0.0/theming-engines/libclearlooks.so
>
> I have started working on the gtk.css file. Is somebody else already
> working on this?

Well, I've quickly tried putting something together for personal use
(basically just modifying Adwaitha css to use clearlooks...). What I
discovered is that either I'm dumb enough to not be able to cope with
CSS or Clearlooks gtk3 engine is far from finished (or, after peeking
at its code, both).

Cheers,
Martin