comps changes for f15

giallu at gmail.com giallu at gmail.com
Sat Jan 15 09:16:01 UTC 2011

On Thu, Jan 13, 2011 at 6:07 PM, Adam Williamson <awilliam at redhat.com> wrote:
> one of the common themes of the F14 review cycle was ridiculing the lack
> of an office suite on the desktop image, particularly given the presence
> of 'useless' things like planner (I'm paraphrasing from the reviews, not
> giving my own personal opinion). I know we have good arguments against
> including an office suite, and I suspect planner is just in there as a
> hangover from when we tried to include GNOME Office, but there does seem
> to be a consistent impression in reviews that the current package choice
> seems bizarre.

Weren't  those reasons related to lack of space in the LiveCD?

Ubuntu always had openoffice on their live, but I was told they could
do it because they did not use our very same upstream (go-oo inteast
ooo, again IIRC) and their upstream made it easier to split the suite
into finer packaging.

Maybe the whole story is bogus, but having Writer and/or Impress
and/or Calc is a must to stand well in reviews, IMHO

--
Gianluca Sforna

http://morefedora.blogspot.com
http://identi.ca/giallu - http://twitter.com/giallu