GNOME updates for F16

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Wed Jul 27 22:00:26 UTC 2011

> Hi,
>
> I have started to build GNOME 3.1.4 updates for F16 on Monday.
> Unfortunately, the branching cut in right between me building a
> soname-bumping cogl and everything that depends on it. I have now
> established a side target, f16-gnome, for building interdependent
> updates without the forced wait due to updates-testing. I think I got
> all cogl dependencies in the desktop rebuilt, and have filed a bodhi
> update with all those builds.
>
> There is still more 3.1.4 updates to do, and I am going on vacation
> tomorrow, so it would be great if other people (Richard, Tomas, Colin ?)
> could chime in and get the remaining builds done.
>
> Don't forget that
> a) you must switch to the f16 branch in git
> b) we have to file bodhi updates for all F16 builds now

Please try and file the Bodhi updates for *coherent groups of packages
together*. This avoids the problem where we get some updates through but
not the updates for other packages that depend on them, and so on. One
update per package is not a good way to do it. Thanks!
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey