Disabling effects per display

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue May 17 17:54:16 UTC 2011

On Tue, 2011-05-17 at 08:41 +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
> Is there a way to disable the effects which happens when pressing the
> windows button or when clicking per display connected to the computer?
>
> If you need a use case where this is turning out to be terrible sit down
> in your living room with your partner hook your laptop to your tv via
> hdmi start playing the latest episode of your partner favourite show.
>
> Notice that pressing the window button on the keyboard or moving the
> mouse to "Activities"  will produce a sound from you partner at the same
> time that will distracts you from the work you a trying to get done on
> the laptop at the same time....

there's gotta be a point at which we can't consider every possible use
case, and this has to be close to it. Frankly, if you want to run
completely different things on two displays connected to the same
computer, I'd suggest you should probably be running one X session per
head; right now you're quite badly abusing the concept of a desktop
session.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey