Fedora 16 Final RC4 desktop testing requested

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Wed Nov 2 04:17:59 UTC 2011

Hey folks - sorry to impose on you again, but we accepted two proposed
blockers in F16 RC3, so we have an RC4 that needs testing. RC4 also
fixes the gdm bug which broke the Xfce spin in RC3. Aside from that, I'd
really just expect RC4 results to be the same as RC3, but since RC4
touches kernel, gdm and dracut, we'd better double-check!

You can get RC4 here:

http://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/stage/16.RC4/

and the results page is here:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Results:Fedora_16_Final_RC4_Desktop

Please help out if you can. One way or another this is definitely the
last rush job this go-round: either we approve RC4 at the go/no-go
tomorrow afternoon, or we slip a week, which would at least give us lots
of time to complete testing...but let's not do that! :)

Thanks, everyone.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey