What launches notification-daemon?

Matthias Clasen mclasen at redhat.com
Tue Nov 15 17:46:07 UTC 2011

On Tue, 2011-11-15 at 18:11 +0100, Christoph Wickert wrote:

> Long story short: What do you suggest I should tell the people who
> complain. They have asked what component they should file bugs against.
> Are you ok with notification-daemon and polkit-gnome?

Depends on what outcome you expect. You can certainly file bugs against
notification-daemon, but I don't see the autostart file coming back.

I don't think 'number of desktop files' is the thing we should be
optimizing, and shared autostart files for desktop infrastructure are
just a recipe for avoidable conflicts. All the OnlyShowIn and NotShowIn
hackery is just treating the symptoms.

Matthias