Disable/remove "libsocialweb-core"

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 14:45:59 UTC 2011

On Tue, 29 Nov 2011 09:34:37 -0500
Adam Jackson wrote:

> On Tue, 2011-11-29 at 12:52 +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
>
> > For you that might not matter but to my clients,my family and my
> > friends it does thus again how can I disable/remove
> > "libsocialweb-core" so I can reduce the risk/prevent applications
> > from "accidentally" doing that?
>
> You're taking an instance of a bug and claiming it's a fundamental
> design pattern.
>
> Perhaps you shouldn't.

Well to me it seems more like he's:

 1. questioning why is this lib an integral part of gnome shell while
 it obviously just adds an add-on-like functionality; and

 2. asking how to get rid of it in a way that would leave his
 gnome-shell working and still not put his personal info into danger in
 case another similar bug in this lib appears in the future.

Cheers,
Martin